What is a physiotherapist? A physiotherapist is a trained professional who can treat disease, injury and deformities through physical methods such as massage and physiotherapy exercise. Although commonly known as a physiotherapist, around the world they are also referred to as physios or physical therapists.
If you’re looking for a physiotherapist in London, here at Broadgate GP we have our own in-house physio who can is qualified to carry out a range of physiotherapy exercises. As a private physiotherapist you’ll be able to access the treatment you need, when you need it the most. Physiotherapy is available as part of our extended private GP services. With our own in-house physiotherapist we’re able to offer to offer fast access to the physiotherapy exercise and treatments you’ll need to help relieve your pain and speed up your recovery time. Whether it’s a sports physiotherapist or a physio for any other type of medical issue, we can help. Simply give Broadgate GP a call and one of our reception team will be happy to arrange an appointment for you to see a physiotherapist in London.
What do Physiotherapists do?
Our London physiotherapist can help with a number of conditions. As professional physiotherapists, they are trained to consider the body as a whole, rather than just a specific injury or illness. All physiotherapists approach condition in a different way, at Broadgate GP we offer:
- Physical Assessments Our physiotherapists will provide a full assessment, to help gain a better understanding of your issue. This allows them to create a treatment plan tailored to your specific requirements.
- Advice Our physios can give advice and information on everything from physio exercises to posture and how you live your daily life.
- Education We can educate on the best position to sit in, how to stand correctly, how to lift and carry things in a particular way, helping you to strengthen and supports parts of your body in the right way.
- Self Help Exercises As physiotherapists we’re able to recommend exercises for you to carry out at home, these physio exercise can help to relieve pain and speed up your recovery time.
- Manual Therapy Manual therapy is when physiotherapists get down to doing the main part of their job. This is where they will carry out exercises, massages or other forms of body movement. These treatments will help to alleviate pain, regain movements and potentially speed up your recovery time.
When it comes to needing a physiotherapist in London, please don’t hesitate to get in touch in touch with Broadgate GP. One of our reception team will be happy to arrange an appointment for you.
Private GP & Walk-In Centre London – Make An Appointment
Physiotherapy Clinic London
As one of the leading physiotherapy clinics in London, we’re able to offer everything from professional advice to physiotherapy treatments and exercises. With access to a same day physiotherapist we’ll be able to get your physiotherapy treatment plan created and put into practice at a pace that’s best for your overall recovery.
Having worked in the industry and in the London area for a number of years, Broadgate GP have developed a well-known reputation for the physiotherapy treatments we offer. Our trained and experienced physiotherapist is up to date with all the latest medical information and physiotherapy techniques to ensure the best possible treatment for your issue.
With our private physiotherapy sessions, you’ll be able to access some of the most professional physio treatments available to patients throughout the London area. When it comes to physiotherapy in London, be sure to give our team at Broadgate GP a call.
What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a collection of advice, education and treatment that is used to help improve movement and relieve pain for medical conditions and speed up the recovery time for injuries.
Types of Physiotherapy
At Broadgate GP, we cover all types of physiotherapy. Some of the types of physical therapy we cover include:
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy – This type of physio can be used to treat a number of bone and joint related issues and injuries.
- Neurological Physiotherapy – Seeing a neuro physio can help with conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, brain injuries and strokes.
- Cardiothoracic Physiotherapy – This type of physio can be used to help alleviate and treat things such as asthma, chronic bronchitis and other cardio related disorders.
What can Physiotherapy be used to Treat?
Physiotherapy can be used for people of all ages. It can be used to treat a range of medical conditions and sports related injuries. From broken ankles to heart problems, undertaking in a physiotherapy session at Broadgate GP can help to alleviate the symptoms you might be suffering from. Whether it’s sports physiotherapy or physiotherapy for a medical condition, there are a number of things various exercises and treatments can help with including:
- Sports Injuries
- Soft Tissue Damage
- Heart and Circulation Issues
- Respiratory Problems
- Muscular Issues
- Brain or Nervous System Conditions
These are just a few of the things that a physio sessions can help with. If you’re suffering from a condition or injury that you think a physiotherapist might be able to help with then be sure to give Broadgate GP a call. We offer physiotherapy assessments, which are available to patients throughout London.
During your first visit with a physio, we’ll carry out an initial assessment to an understanding of your movement, pain, lifestyle and condition. This helps our physios to create a treatment plan that will best help with your recovery or ongoing condition.
The cost of a private physio session depends on the type of treatment needed and how many sessions are needed. Get in touch with Broadgate GP today and we’ll arrange an appointment at our physio clinic for you.
To arrange an appointment at our London physio clinic simply give us a call and we’ll be happy to arrange one for you. Alternatively attend our walk-in clinic and the physio will see you as soon as possible.
Physio exercise and treatments can help with a number of conditions, from bones to respiratory and even circulation, your pain could be alleviated, your movement increased or your recovery time sped up. Arrange an appointment with a physiotherapist in London, with Broadgate GP today!
Our physiotherapists advise on wearing comfortable and loose clothing, as it allows you to move around more easily. The physiotherapist will need to assess both the injury and movement and loose clothing will make this easier.
In the vast majority of cases physiotherapy is considered extremely effective for a number of conditions. Research suggests that physio sessions can significantly improve movement and the rehabilitation time associated with injuries. How effective physiotherapy will be depends on the number of treatment sessions we’ll need to carry out.
Our patients come to us as they like the flexibility of being able to choose the day and time of their appointment. With a team of London physiotherapists, who are highly trained and experienced in their field you’ll be in safe hands when you choose Broadgate GP. We’ll ensure the use of the right treatment approach to speed up recovery, reduce pain and increase movement.
If you’re wanting to arrange an appointment with one of our physiotherapists, then simply get in touch with us. We’ll be happy to arrange a private physiotherapy session at a time that suits you.